Taking a stroll along the beach, in the sand dunes or in the streets, you will experience much of Løkken’s history first hand. Løkken Museum and Kystfiskerimuseet (Løkken Museum, Museum of Inshore Fishing) and Løkken Billedesamling (Collection of Paintings) in Løkken will take you into the story of the city.
Around the city, you will find remarkable sculptures by local artists. The brochure "Art in Løkken" is a good guide for the galleries and other artistic attractions in and around the city.
In Løkken, you can visit;
- Kunstpavillionen, the Art pavilion, at Sdr. Strandvej has changing exhibitions
- Gallery Munken just south of Løkken is also worth a visit
- Bolcheriet, Bolcheriet the candy factory at Torvet, a must for everyone with a sweet tooth
You can also visit;
- Kunstbygningen i Vrå, The Art building, in Vrå which includes the Engelund collection
- Bombæk Lys Bombæk Candles in Borup
- Børglum Kloster Børglum Monastery, with a variety of exiting exhibitions and events
- Galleri PondCottage Art with brass sculptures and ceramics
- Kajoli feltshop
- Stonemasonry in Nr. Lyngby/Vittrup.
Driving around in the area, you will find a variety of intriguing galleries and craftsmen shops along the main- and side roads outside the city and the villages nearby.
Are you fond of concerts? Then please consider visiting the Løkken Concert in July. Each year popular bands enter the stage and you can have an unforgettable day at Løkken Stadium.
The second weekend of July – usually the day after the concert – the Vesterhavs March takes place covering the distance from Løkken to Grønhøj to Blokhus. The March is arranged by the Sct. Georg Parties. This is a great tradition with a good purpose.
In 2011, Børglum Monastery was the basis for the TV Christmas show called ‘Ludvig and Santa/Ludvig og Julemanden’ on the Danish national channel TV2. In the Monastery, you can see pieces of the scenery for Santa’s Christmas craftsman shop. It is definitely worth a visit for families with children.
Each year, the monastery hosts various musical - and organ concerts. The beautiful Christmas decorations and peak views into the monastery’s private rooms are quite popular, especially on the Christmas weekends.
If you are interested in antiques, try visiting an annual Antiques Fair in Løkken ldrætscenter in August see more antikmesse i Løkken Hallen,.
In the Top of Denmark we have a collection of fascinating tales and experiences for kids and adults. You will find a wide variety of local tales and exiting company tours.